Duration: 23 Days
Highest access: 5545mm
Group Size: Min 2 to Max 14
Location: Khumbu - Everest
Best season: March-May & Oct- Dec
Culture: Cultural program with Special Dinner
Transportation: Flight/Private vehicle
Accommodation: Hotel & Tea House
Meals: Breakfast/Lunch/ Dinner + Tea or Coffee
Jiri Everest Base Camp Trek is one of the oldest trekking trails of the Everest region which will provides you an opportunity to explore and observe the miraculous Topography of Solukhumbu District as well as the panoramic views of Himalayas, lush-valley of the area and green forest. Starting from Kathmandu 188km drive to Jiri we will begins our journey towards our destination.
Jiri Everest Base Camp Trek may be lengthy but this trail will offer you the spectacular views of the Himalayas including Mt. Everest, Mt. Nuptse, Mt. Pumori, Mt. Thamserku , Mt. Lhotse , chance to explore the mountains side with typical culture of Sherpa community.
Jiri Everest Base Camp Trek starts with a road journey from Kathmandu to Jiri then we will stay at lodge at Jiri or Shivalaya according to our program. This trail passes through Soulkhumbu and valley of Gokyo following the path of the medieval Trans –Himalayan trade route. Everest Base Camp Trek is 175 km far away from Jiri via Namche Bazaar, which is filled with striking mountain scenery, prominent Buddhist monasteries, and lush valleys rivers flowing from the mountain ridges graze by the mother glaciers. Comparatively, the trail will begin from low lands therefore it will be the best chance for acclimatization and exploration throughout villages and glaciers of the Khumbu region. This trek will take you the neck of the world highest peak Mt. Everest (8,848m) up to the Base Camp (5,357m) from the sea level.
We give our first priority to our guest to serve them at superior level that is what making us today Himalayan Magic Treks. For the accommodation we have been providing star hotels in Katmandu and even normal guest house according to the guest demands and need. During the trek we provide standard Guest House with sound environment and hygienic food for the guest to make their trip happening and healthy. Being one of the paramount destination in the world Everest region collects lots of tourist in the world. so, there will always be better Lodge and facilities in Jiri Everest Base Camp Trek.
We get paradise of food especially in the cities areas especially in Katmandu valley. We have a lot of restaurants with different cuisine in city but during the trek we get to eat from Continental and Nepali menu especially choices like Pasta, Pizza, Mo. Mo, soup items, Potatoes items, Dal Bhat, Hot drinks Tea & Coffee etc.
Security is our primary concern! From your beginning day (we will be there to pick you up with our staffs and identity) to departure date (airport drop services) we are always there to help you. We have proper remedial services during the trek with professional staffs; first aid kit, oxygen bag and Helicopter service for emergency rescue whenever trekkers get physical Loss or altitude sickness. We have focused more on acclimatization days to get rid of altitude sickness too.
Trekking in Nepal for Jiri Everest Base Camp Trek does require past experience, though we have challenging route in Everest compared to Annapurna our itinerary suggests to walk comfortable distances. Trekking in Himalayas always takes us to challenging altitudes and rocky routes, demands proper rest time and acclimatization to sustain their strength. We always have both listed properly in our itinerary. However certain training like Running, Skipping and other workout will definitely help you in roots.
Altitude sickness is a significant risk when trekking on any trails above about 2500m. However good health, proper care and drinking plenty of water will definitely help you to prevent from altitude sickness. Every trekkers needs to be familiar with the heights so, for this we have life saving acclimatization days during the trek, peak climbing and expedition. We also provide certain medical support for your relief and emergency rescue through helicopter whenever guest require.
We only leave foot prints! Himalayan Magic Treks is very much concern agency on environment pollution and Global Warming. We are always serious and genuine towards our garbage during the trek especially in Camping type. We collect all the rubbish and deposit it to proper place to protect our environment. We also partake in every program conducted in KEEP Kathmandu Environmental Education Project. We also suggest all travelers to protect our environment and Stop Global Warming.
We have tailor-made program for Jiri Everest Base Camp Trek. Days in the itinerary are always flexible, can be increased & decreased depending on your holiday and time schedule. Trekking in Everest around the Himalayan region goes through unexpected complication like natural and health challenges resulting chances in the itinerary for your security during the trek by our professional guides and leader to take you to final point safe and sound so, please cooperate with your guide for you protection. Flights in the Everest region are very dedicated even in the best season due to bad weather so we request our travelers to carry luggage for extra days in Katmandu or in Lukla.
|Day 01||Arrival Katmandu 1,400m. Welcome by Himalayan Magic Treks member and direct transfer to hotel with Bed & Breakfast plan.|
|Day 02||Drive 210 km from Kathmandu to Shivalaya (1,790m) 8 / 9 hours overnight at Lodge. |
|Day 03||Trek to Bhandar (2,190m) 5/6 hours overnight at Lodge.(Breakfast,Lunch,Dinner )|
|Day 04||Trek to Sete (2,400m) 6/7 hours overnight at Lodge. (Breakfast,Lunch,Dinner )|
|Day 05||Trek to Via Lamjura –la (3,530m) down to Junbesi (2,700m) 6/7 hours overnight at Lodge. (Breakfast,Lunch,Dinner )|
|Day 06||Trek Nunthala ( manidingma) (2,330m) 6/7 hours overnight at Lodge. (Breakfast,Lunch,Dinner )|
|Day 07||Trek to Bukusa (2,340m) 6/7 hours overnight at Lodge. (Breakfast,Lunch,Dinner )|
|Day 08||Trek to Chaurikharka (2,640m) 6/7 hours overnight at Lodge. (Breakfast,Lunch,Dinner )|
|Day 09||Trek to Bangkar (2,630m) 5/6 hours overnight at Lodge. (Breakfast,Lunch,Dinner )|
|Day 10||Trek to Namche Bazar (3,440m) 5 hours overnight at Lodge. (Breakfast,Lunch,Dinner )|
|Day 11||Rest day at Namche Bazar for acclimatization overnight at Lodge. (Breakfast,Lunch,Dinner )|
|Day 12||Trek to Phortse Village (3,810m) 5 hours overnight at Lodge. (Breakfast,Lunch,Dinner )|
|Day 13||Trek to Pangboche (3,930m) 5 hours overnight at Lodge. (Breakfast,Lunch,Dinner )|
|Day 14||Trek Pheriche (4,240m) 5 hours overnight at Lodge. (Breakfast,Lunch,Dinner )|
|Day 15||Trek to Lobuche (4,910m) 5 hours overnight at Lodge. (Breakfast,Lunch,Dinner )|
|Day 16||Trek to Everest Base Camp (5,357m) back to Gorakshep (5,140m) 6/7 hours overnight at Lodge. (Breakfast,Lunch,Dinner )|
|Day 17||Trek to Early morning climb to Kalapathar (5,550m) enjoy the incredible view of Mont Everest, khumbase, Pumari, range of chho-yu, khumbu Glacier Amadablam, Everest Base Camp etc then trek down to Lobuche (6/7hours walk) (4,910m) Overnight at Lodge. (Breakfast,Lunch,Dinner )|
|Day 18||Trek to Dingboche (4,410m) 5 hours overnight at Lodge. (Breakfast,Lunch,Dinner )|
|Day 19||Trek to Tengboche Trek Tangboche (3,860m) 5 hours visit one of the popular monastery with Himalayan panoramic view overnight at Lodge. (Breakfast,Lunch,Dinner )|
|Day 20||Trek to Via Namche Bazar to Monjo (2,835m) 5/6m overnight at Lodge. (Breakfast,Lunch,Dinner )|
|Day 21||Trek to Lukla (2,840m) 5/6 hours overnight at Lodge. (Breakfast,Lunch,Dinner )|
|Day 22||Fly Back to Kathmandu (1,310m) direct transfer to hotel. Free day in Kathmandu, evening together farewell dinner with Typical Nepali Culture.|
|Day 23||Departure from Kathmandu to your onward destination.|
The Trip cost will vary depending on the Group Size duration of days and Services required please contact us via our email email@example.com with your Details to obtain a Quote.
Headache, often with the loss of appetite, nausea vomiting, tiredness, dizziness, distributed sleep. What to do? Stay at height for 1-2 days in lower place to acclimatization, descend or use diamox (250mg every 12 hours).HACE signs:
Severe headache, loss of balance/coordination, staggering, irrational behavior, confusion, drowsiness, coma, death (Sometimes in a few hours)
What to do? Check with straight-line heel-to-toe walking. HACE victims cannot do it. DESCEND immediately, even at night, at least 1000m with someone else, oxygen, Gamow bag, keep patient warm, diamox to be safe also take hot garlic soup
Breath (even at rest), dry cough/pink or rusty spit, blue lips/nails, very tired, low fever, gurgling breath, drowsy, coma, death.
What to do? See HACE + nifedipine
Ascend slow (300-500m/day) don’t exert yourself, eat high carbohydrate foods, drink lots of water and locals recommend garlic soup avoid alcohol and caffeine. Our Guide will more taking care of you as well as giving better suggestion during the Trek
Probably the most common accident in the area, Steep terrain and rough trails may cause many people strain their knees and ankles. Remember stretch before you start walking, take your time avoid trekking in the night time, and bring joint support bandages if you require hem.
Health posts. There are at least one health post in every VDC of the Area. This facility is open to trekkers who require medical attention. A novel a you can help the Health post is to leave any unwanted medicines at the center at the end of your trek. This may help other fellow trekkers ho need urgent medical care.
We will be serious in this case to protect our clients in the Mountain and it should be able to organize a rescue evacuation for you quickly in your critical situation. If not the following precautions may prevent a long wait for a helicopter for rescues during emergency.
Have travel insurance and carry your insurance policy number with you.
Carry a credit card with you.
Do the coordination with your Tour Guide to connection with responsible person of HMT to quick Rescue services to save your Life
Clients should keep in touch with Company Manager during your travel time and do not trust only Guide for this Emergency case
Guest should be able to check First aid kit with your Guide , who goes to Mountains to guiding you and avoid trekking on your own.
• Sick, Doctors at VDC health posts
• Helicopter evacuation, you have to call in Kathmandu HMT Office 01-4378206 or 9849166578 (Nabin) directly with your guide support
• Have a credit card and travel insurance number
• Donkeys/Mules/yak: stay on the uphill side of these beasts.
• Leeches: stay on trail use salt to get rid of them, avoid the monsoon season.
• Full lodges: stop early don’t arrive in a place with 1-2 lodges at dusk, carry a tent
• Hypothermia: when cold and or wet. Starts with shivering, progressing to slurred speech, stumbling, confusion, death
• Iodine tablets: Use 1 tablet per liter and wait 30 min. Hide foul taste with lemon or orange flavored powder.
• Boiled and filtered water fairly safe but not so good if boiled with firewood
• Your own water filter would be recommended during the Trek
• Carry out what you carry in
• Take your empty batteries home stay / eat in loges than cook in gas/kerosene and have solar showers
• Order the same food for several people at the same time to cooking easily to saving time to reach for destination on time without any risk
• Wear warm clothes rather than having the rooms heated
• Don’t defecate new after sources
• Dump garbage only at proper bins or pits
• A high altitudes (4000m) do not even throw way biodegradable junk
• Do not disturb wildlife
• Do not hurt or remove animals and plants in the protected areas
• Do not buy items made from wildlife parts; It will be illegal in the sum of dangerous case
• Don’t accept “free” plastic bags.
• Copy of passport, travel insurance and entry permit should have always with you or Guide
• Credit card (in case of evacuation)
• Iodine tablets, water bottle sunscreen, long-sleeved shirt, ha sun glasses, lip balm, insect repent.
• Warm clothes, thermal underwear, gloves, good boos, trekking pole (optional)
You are a guest In Nepal and it is appreciated if you behave like one:
• Dress decently (no short shorts or revealing clothes) and respect the peoples and their culture
• Do not show affection in public
• Do not buy antiques
• Do no point your feet (unclean) to people and point with full hand not with one finger
• Do not step over persons
• Do not touch or step over offerings (re powder, flowers/rice)
• Do not use your left hand ( dirty)
• Receive and give with two hands
• Ask permission before taking people’s photographs.
• Do not ask local kids for school pens or sweets (don’t give either)
• Discourage begging, pay fair prices
• Take off your shoes before entering a monastery
• Go clockwise around Stupas, Temples or world Heritage sides etc
• Do not eat smoke or be loud a religious sites
• Women should avoid touching monks/lamas
• Visitor centers: info + leaflets on local villages and culture, local guided tours, festival dates. In Jorsalle- Check post
• Everest Eco Museum at Namche Bazaar Local culture, nature, geology
• Garbage/pollution control: awareness, incinerators clean-up campaigns, toilets.
• National Park: tree planting oil conservation river bank protection biodiversity surveys and projection.
• Alternative emery; micro Hyde plans, solar water heaters, light etc.
• Trail improvement: widening, paving, bridges, signs.
• Agriculture and endear development community infrastructure.
• Health services support
• Conservation education
• Heritage conservation
• Lodge management and training
• Training of guides and porters
• Signs and notice boards
• Safe drinking water stations